Why you should try to reduce your paper usage
On average 90% of paper comes from trees – often unsustainably. Reducing paper usage has a positive impact on the environment. Additionally it will save you money, which is always a plus.
- Double sided printing – I’ve wrote about this tip numerous times before. But I can’t stress how easy and effective it is. Double sided printing allows you to reduce the amount of paper used by half.
- Place recycling bins all around the house or office – This acts as a visual stimulus to encourage people to actively recycle.
- Switch bank statements and bills to electronic – This will reduce the amount of post sent to your house an therefore the amount of waste/recycling, again lowering the carbon footprint of the household.
- Cancel unnecessary subscriptions from catalogues and magazines – Alternatively try online magazine/newspaper subscriptions.
- Try adjusting the font style and size to allow more text to fit a standard sheet of paper.
- Use electronic storage instead of printing and storing hard copies.
- Alternatively try using a whiteboard for notes and lists .
- Say no to spam mail.
These tips may sound simplistic but trust me they can have a big impact on the worlds environment and the amount of money you save. Give them a try for a few weeks see what difference it makes.
Trackback from your site.