5 tips to reduce the carbon footprint of your office
To truly reduce our carbon footprint we can’t just introduce eco-friendly practises into our home life. It should be encompassed into all aspects of our life even in the workplace/office. To try make this transition easier, heres five really easy tips to get you started.
- No disposables in the kitchen (cups & cutlery). Simple but effective. Disposables are thrown away after just one use, this drives up the cost of the business and the waste. Alternatively just take in your dinnerware and clean after use. This will save you money and reduce the waste produced by the office.
- Double sided printing – By clicking the double sided printing box before you send a document to print can save you money. Yes thats right…that one click reduces the amount of paper used by half!
- Energy efficient appliances in the office & kitchen. When buying appliances for the office check their energy rating. Appliances have energy efficient ratings ranging from A (most efficient) to G (least efficient). As the appliance is more energy efficient it reduces the amount of energy required to run, so saves you money on your energy bills.
- Light sensors – They automatically turn the lights on and off when people enter and leave a room. This is a great piece of technology that removes the human error of forgetting to turn the light off. Again this will save you money on bills & reduce your carbon footprint.
- Turn your computer off – When you leave the office at the end of the day remember to turn the computer off. Sounds simple enough but a lot of people nowadays tend to leave their computer on overnight. This still uses energy and drives up the bills of the business.
I hope you find these tips helpful. If you have anymore tips please comment below!
Trackback from your site.